Monday, May 25, 2015

The Nerd-Geek-Challenge - Final Prompt - Inspired by a Fantastical Beast

Hellu ladies!

Today is the last prompt of Robin's and my challenge! Robin has already posted her interpretation which you can look up here! I think it turned out super cool!
I took inspiration from one of my favourite animated movie, book and comic book! What could this be you may ask?!
It's The Last Unicorn!


Oh myyy ... I love this story! It's full of magic and love and action and hey, who doesn't loves unicorns?
To get in the mood I watched the whole movie again today and I cried my eyes out!
This movie is full of emotional scenes and here I have one for you, ahm... it's in English with Spanish subtitles and in bad quality, but the movie is from 1982, so it's 5 years older than me and I think that explains all!

I have to confess, I don't like the English synchronisation very much, maybe because I've seen the movie about a million times in German. My mum has been so nice and recorded the movie once and from this time , my sister and me watched it every now and then. Oh, and I think I had a little crush on Prince Lir... It is simply heartbreaking, when he awakes from the dead and realizes that his great love has gone...


Used products:
O.P.I. - My Boyfriend Scales Walls
Manhatten - Matte top coat
Two different tones of blue acrylic paint
Two different tones of red acrylic paint
Gel liners in black and different shades of blue

For my nail art I only used MBSW as base and added the acrylic paint with the watercolor technique. The Unicorn and the Red Bull (which is very bad and looks more like a devil) are painted with my gel liners!
Ladies, I have to confess, I will never use anything else again for detailed nail art then gel liners! It's so simple to paint with them!



My ring finger and pinkie have a double effect! They look a bit like the Unicorns hair and like the sea, where King Haggard keeps the other Unicorns, don't you think?!



Fun fact: Nerdy & Fleurty also did Unicorn nails for today! Two minds - one thought! HAHA!

Ok ladies! I hope you enjoyed this challenge as much as I did! I have to say I really pushed myself with all this freehand-detailed-painting!
Please be so kind and spam a link in the comments if you participated too! What I have seen was creative and good looking and I think others will enjoy too! :)

Thank you Robin! It has been an amazing challenge and I really like to repeat this some time! Would you dear readers want to see a challenge hosted by Robin and me again?! Tell us in the comments!

P.S.: Congrats to Sweden for winning the Eurovision Song Contest! This guy is hot! And congrats to all the other countries too, especially Belgium (*winkstoRobin*)! Zero points for my own country is hard, but we'll deal... I wouldn't have voted for this lame song either! HAHA

7 comments:

  1. Haha, what a coincidence! :) I love your take on it although I don't know this movie! It was a great challenge and I'm definitely in for another one of yours. ;)
    I'm curious, what are those gel liners you're talking about?
    And as for the ESC I totally agree with you, that guy from Sweden is hot, haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You haven't seen this movie?? WHAAAT?? If you can get your hands on it, you should definitely watch it, it's awesome!
      When I saw your pic on Instagram, I had to laugh, because I too thought, what an coincidence! I really like your interpretation! Rainbow Unicorns FTW!!
      Those gel-liners are simple gel pens from a local drug/craft store and they are actually very cheap! I will post a pic of them on Instagram soon, if you like to see them. I'm sure you will find some in your country too!
      Yeah for hot Swedish guys! :D

      Delete
    2. Haha, now I will definitely watch it! ;)
      Ow, I know what you mean with the gel liners now. I'll have a look in my local stores. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. UNICOOOOORRRNNSS!!! :D :D I love love love how your unicorn looks Franzi, it's so dreamy! The hair/sea nails look magical too :D Yay for Belgium at Eurovision!! It was so exciting to hear all the points and I'm super glad with our 4th place :) I thought Austria wasn't bad but I was too distracted by the burning piano! Throughout the song all I could think was "oh no the piano is on fire!" haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your praise, I love Unicorns and this movie so much, I had to do this for the last prompt!

      Delete
  3. Wow this is absolutely amazing! I LOVE how you've down this with the sort of cool and warm colours and the freehand looks incredible! The unicorn is amazing :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 frankiehuntersnails