Monday, February 23, 2015

Something special for a special blogger friend!

Hey ladies!

Today is a special day for a special blogger friend of mine! It's Robin's birthday, from roaringnails.

I'm honest, I didn't make something solely for her, but I have decided to post this unposted mani and dedicate it to her. It's simple but very elegant!
Let's take a look, shall we?


This, ladies, are O.P.I. - Dark Side of the Mood from the 50 Shades of Grey Collection and O.P.I. - Don't Speak 18k Gold Topper from the Gwen Stefani Collection!
Yes, I spent my Christmas Amazon gift vouchers on a gold topper and I loooove it!



When you search the net, you will find lots of real gold toppers, there is f.e. another from O.P.I. and I looked through them. Why did I choose this one?
It not only contains real gold flakies, but also a delicate shimmer and this is why it's so special in my eyes. It looks delicate and bold, elegant and extravagant at the same time. It's really gorgeous!



Dark Side of the Mood was the perfect companion for this topper. It's a dark grey with a hint of shimmer, which you can't see immediately. This is my absolute favourite of the whole 50 Shades collection and I'm really tempted to buy a big bottle, as I only own the minis.



I made a gradient with the gold topper, only with the polish brush, because the flakies are not too dense and the consistency of the polish is not too thick. I also applied it over white, which I will show you soon and believe me, this is also a very beautiful combination.
As ever, I sealed it with Glisten&Glow - HK girl.


So, that's it! What do you think?
Don't forget to stop by at Robins blog, she is also hosting a giveaway at the moment! Show her some birthday love! :)

Robin, Happy Birthday girl! I hope you had a wonderful birthday and got many presents!
Thank you for being here and my (blogging) friend! Blogging would be very dull without you! :D
Love, hugs and kisses
Franzi

4 comments:

  1. Awww this is so so sweet!! Thank you SO much Franzi for thinking of me! I had a great day, we went for a long walk and ate lots of chocolate and spaghetti :D I love your manicure a lot, that golden topper is just so stunning. It looks like a fire on your fingertips!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something sweet for someone swee! It's good to hear you had a wonderful day!
      Yes, the topper is awesome, go get it, if you find one, you will not regret it!

      Delete
  2. Robin is a fantastic girl and you made her a lovely and very festive looking nail design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      You are right, Robin is fantastic and she deserves a special design! :)

      Delete

Copyright © 2014 frankiehuntersnails